Calendar of Events
ESBES Virtual - Challenges and solutions in vaccine development and production during the COVID19 Pandemic
May 27, 2021
, 18:30 - 20:00 hrs (CEST) - Virtual
Recovery of Biological Products XIX
Jul 11, 2021
- Jul 16, 2021
, Rome, Italy
HTPD - High Throughput Screening & Process Development - Workshop by ESBES DSP section
Sep 12, 2021
- Sep 14, 2021
, BOKU Vienna, Austria
ECCE13 / ECAB6 - 13th European Congress of Chemical Engineering and 6th European Congress of Applied Biotechnology
Sep 20, 2021
- Sep 23, 2021
40th International Symposium on the Separation of Proteins, Peptides & Polynucleotides
Nov 07, 2021
- Nov 10, 2021
, Porto, Portugal
ESBES Institutional Membership
Institutional membership is open to Academic Institutions and Registered Companies based inside or outside Europe whose activities relate to the field of biochemical engineering sciences and:
(A) which meet the conditions and obligations of Institutional Membership as set out in the ESBES Statutes and as determined under the rules and/or by laws from time to time; and
(B) which are accepted for Institutional Membership by the Executive Board.
If you would like to apply to join ESBES as an Institutional Member, please complete the application form.
Please send by email to the ESBES Secretariat () information about your institution/company and a description of your activities in biochemical engineering and related fields.
The membership fee for Institutions is currently €500/year.
Institutional Members are entitled to
- be represented in the meeting of members/General Assembly with voting rights; and receive agenda and minutes of meetings;
- propose candidates for ESBES Presidency/Vice-Presidency and Industrial Representatives;
- receive current information via the ESBES newsletters and press releases;
- submit a bid to organise ESBES major events (ESBES / ECAB) in collaboration with a member society.
- Also: as an institutional member, your members/employees have the right to participate in formal Section votes and to stand for leadership positions within the Section (Section Chair and Vice-Chair). Section Chairs automatically become members of the ESBES Executive Board.
Institutional Members have the duty
- to pay to the ESBES on receipt of the invoice from the General Secretariat an annual membership subscription. The membership fee for Institutional Members is currently €500/year;
- to be represented in the General Assembly;
- to ensure, wherever possible, that delegates to ESBES’ committees receive financial support, in whole or in part, for attendance at their meetings;
- to ensure that their individual members are aware of the activities of ESBES and that ESBES is informed about their activities in biochemical engineering such as events in their countries that would be of importance to other ESBES members.
More information on Institutional Membership can be found in the ESBES Statutes.