Calendar of Events
New Master degree education program in Microalgae Bioprocess Engineering
Sep 01, 2017
- Sep 01, 2019
, Nantes University, France
Demystifying Maths & Stats for Bioscientists
Jan 15, 2018
- Jan 19, 2018
, Newcastle University, UK
12th European Symposium on Biochemical Engineering Sciences
Sep 09, 2018
- Sep 12, 2018
, Lisbon, Portugal
ESBES Institutional Membership
Institutional membership is open to Academic Institutions and Registered Companies based inside or outside Europe whose activities relate to the field of biochemical engineering sciences and:
(A) which meet the conditions and obligations of Institutional Membership as set out in the ESBES Statutes and as determined under the rules and/or by laws from time to time; and
(B) which are accepted for Institutional Membership by the Executive Board.
If you would like to apply to join ESBES as an Institutional Member, please complete the application form (in word format) and send it by email to the ESBES President, care of the General Secretariat in Frankfurt ().
Please attach information about your institution/company and a description of your activities in biochemical engineering and related fields.
The membership fee for Institutions is currently €500/year.
Institutional Members are entitled to
- be represented in the meeting of members/General Assembly with voting rights; and receive agenda and minutes of meetings;
- propose candidates for ESBES Presidency/Vice-Presidency and Industrial Representatives;
- receive current information via the ESBES newsletters and press releases;
- submit a bid to organise ESBES major events (ESBES / ECAB) in collaboration with a member society.
- Also: as an institutional member, your members/employees have the right to participate in formal Section votes and to stand for leadership positions within the Section (Section Chair and Vice-Chair). Section Chairs automatically become members of the ESBES Executive Board.
Institutional Members have the duty
- to pay to the ESBES on receipt of the invoice from the General Secretariat an annual membership subscription. The membership fee for Institutional Members is currently €500/year;
- to be represented in the General Assembly;
- to ensure, wherever possible, that delegates to ESBES’ committees receive financial support, in whole or in part, for attendance at their meetings;
- to ensure that their individual members are aware of the activities of ESBES and that ESBES is informed about their activities in biochemical engineering such as events in their countries that would be of importance to other ESBES members.
More information on Institutional Membership can be found in the ESBES Statutes.